Who am I?
I am a curious person, inventive and creative, in pursuit of discovery, clarity, and optimization. That applies to life, websites, spaces for humans, and things that will be used.
I am genuine in nature, tend to be a team player, and can also guide teams throught the improvement of user experience.
In my free time, I enjoy watercolor and sketching, music and dance, the outdoors, and impressing my two awesome kids with my British accent blend. I enjoy a good laugh and prefer to surround myself with teams and individuals who have a sense of humor, but who are also just as driven as I am.
Why do I love UX?
- Graphic design background
- Front end development background
- UX planning and strategy
- Inquisitive and empathetic nature is built in
What do I bring to the table?
- Bridge between design, dev, and business
- Asking good questions with candor
- Advocating UX within the business and team
- Eagerness to learn more
- Wireframing using Adobe CS, Mockflow, Omnigraffle (I can adapt to pretty much any tool)
- Prototyping with CSS, HTML, light jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap
- User flows and documentation
- Some agile experience, writing user stories and defining product and UI
- A desire and drive to produce measurable results
What’s the heart of UX, you ask? It’s user-centered design, where “design” becomes somewhat of a misnomer. User experience, as a practice, lends us the opportunity to fully engineer experiences through collaboration between stakeholders, practitioners of code and design, and the end user.
Want to see more?
Check me out on LinkedIn
Also, an old post from when I realized what interaction design is. I’ve grown so much since, but it’s always nice to reflect on where we’ve been.